You wake up like every morning. While you have breakfast you look at the calendar. It is June 20th. A day like any other about to start the summer, but no. Is he Yellow day, the happiest day of the year.
According to a group of psychologists and meteorologists from the web The time is (@The time is) this day is the sum of a series of factors that make us happier and optimistic: pleasant temperatures, the day of the year with more hours of light, the proximity of those long-awaited vacations, the possibility of having more leisure time or the extra pay for those who continue in the labor market are more than enough signs. Come on, the stars have lined up so that we can smile for the rest of the day.
Gone is the saddest day of the year, the Blue monday, the third monday of the year. It is the day when Christmas is just a memory, it is cold and it gets dark immediately, the January slope is dangerously close and we know that we have not fulfilled those New Year’s resolutions such as quitting smoking, starting to play sports, learn English … We better not continue with the list.
Keys to being happy … or at least trying
If in the prestigious Harvard University (@Harvard) the students of the Faculty of Psychology have to study a subject related to happiness, it will be for something. Everything is part of the classes taught by the teacher Tal Ben-Shahar (@TalBenShahar), expert in the current of the positive psychology.
According to this Israeli doctor one can learn to be happy in the same way that you learn to ski or ride a bicycle as a child. It is a matter of putting effort and effort. Therefore, if you also want to get good grades in 1st happiness, write down these keys and change your life:
- Be kind to yourself and forgive your mistakes and failures. Thanks to them you have learned good things in life.
- You have to be grateful with what happens to us and with what we have, no matter how small.
- If you play sports, your brain will generate endorphins that will ease pain and make you feel better.
- Relativize and gives things the right importance that they have. When you are working, concentrate on it, but once you are away, take advantage of that time to be as much as possible with your family and enjoying your free time.
- Cultivate the simple and healthy habit of meditation.
- Add a new word to your mental dictionary: resilience. Or what is the same, happiness depends on ourselves, not what happens around us.