This is what a comprehensive reform of your house costs you, piece by piece

Those who dare with a comprehensive reform of their home usually prefer to do it in summer, taking advantage of the holidays. However, winter is more convenient to undertake these works, since at this time of year it is easier to detect dampness or leaks, as well as possible cracks or insulation failures characteristic of the windows. Also, low temperatures favor the settlement of certain materials in our home, such as plaster or varnish. In addition, summer is also the time when operators and suppliers usually take vacations. And taking into account that a comprehensive reform requires the participation of different professionals, coordination between them at that time of year can be more complicated.

This is what a comprehensive reform of your house costs you, piece by piece (Photo Bigstock) 2

In this matter, a comprehensive reform has a considerable cost, so preparing a budget by comparing prices and professionals is an essential preliminary task. According to the National Association of Ceramics and Building Materials Distributors (Andimac), the comprehensive reform of a 90 square meters it can cost on average a few 26,000 euros.

A study prepared by the same association concludes that “about 40% of Spanish homes do not help the well-being of the people who live in them.” And is that currently “83% of homes in Spain are over 18 years old, which has its reflection in terms of comfort and well-being ”. Andimac assures that the “well done” reforms in the homes “not only contribute to improving the quality of life in homes but also they revalue houses up to 20%. “

Of the approximately 26,000 euros that the comprehensive reform of the typical 90-square-meter apartment would cost, around the 60% of the budget would correspond to materials of construction and the remaining 40%, to the payment of the workforce.

This is what a comprehensive reform of your house costs you, piece by piece (Photo Bigstock) 4

By stays

The kitchen and the bathroom are the pieces of the house that we Spaniards reform the most. And according to Andimac, the most expensive renovations are precisely those that are carried out in these rooms, “which require disbursements of about 5,700 and 5,400 euros, respectivelyentity”. In other words, reforms that are more frequent at the same time, such as these, “account for almost 49% of the total budget without applying VAT.”

This is what a comprehensive reform of your house costs you, piece by piece (Photo Bigstock) 3

On the other side of the scale, which can help balance our budget, the cheapest renovation works are those undertaken in bedrooms and areas such as the hall or the terraces: “each costing around the 1,600 euros”. Likewise, the report also shows that the bill for the lounges and dining rooms, on average, scale above 3,500 euros, that is, more than 15% of the total disbursed. An amount that even “exceeds the amount of what it would cost to reform the areas outside the house, works that in turn almost double the price of those that are executed in the structures of the houses, to which about 1,700 euros are dedicated or, what is the same, 7.5% of the budget ”.

Deja un comentario