Delete some numbers from your mobile phone The most normal thing in the world. Either because you do not have contact with the person in question, because you want to make space in your agenda or by simple mistake, this act is repeated very often all over the world. However, it is also sometimes accompanied by a moment of panic, when not being able to go back and recover the lost number.
Do not worry! It is not something irreversible. In fact, there are different ways to salvage that nine-digit figure from the trash. Do you have an Android phone? Well, take note of the following guidelines.
Gmail, your salvation
If your phone belongs to the Android operating system, recovering lost contacts will be easier than it seems, because all of them are associated with a Google account that you activate when you purchase the device and that allows it to function.
Thus, to achieve your mission, you must first access Gmail with the corresponding user. Although you should also check if you have activated the option of automatically sync contacts from your phone. In addition, you must bear in mind that to repair your error, you must go back to a previous version of the phonebook, which implies that the new contacts that you have included in the last few days will disappear. So write them down on paper before starting the process so you don’t forget them. We started!
- First of all, you must open the Settings of your smartphone, which are usually accompanied by the symbol of a gear, and select the option ‘Accounts’.
- Then, click on your Google account, where the email addresses that you have linked to the phone will appear.
- Click on the corresponding one, look for the tab ‘Contacts’ Y make sure it’s activated to continue with the process. Otherwise, take the opportunity to do so by sliding the blue button to the right.
- By having your contacts synced, the next step is go to your Gmail account, an application that is represented by a white envelope with red edges, and press the three horizontal stripes icon in the upper left corner.
- Then, look in the menu for the section Google apps and click on the option ‘Contacts’.
- If you have this application installed (If you don’t have to), a management panel will open, where you should also look for the three horizontal stripes that open the menu.
- Here, select ‘Settings’, soon ‘Manage Contacts’ and finally ‘Undo changes’. At this moment, the application will give you to choose the period of time that you want it to be established: ten minutes, an hour, a day or a week. It even allows you to set a custom period.
- Finally and after selecting the desired time, click ‘OK’ and, in a matter of seconds, your schedule will return to its usual state, with the contacts that you had deleted.