Friday, the kids at home, movie and pizza? The plan sounds good.
How about we put a little more fun in it and we make the pizza ourselves? Children love everything that has to do with making dough and kneading it and, in addition to entertaining them, it helps us to become familiar with food and cooking. In fact, this time the «cooking class» goes to the end, because We suggest you change the oven for a frying pan and that way they will see how to make a pizza from start to finish.
Are you ready? Let’s go with the dough
- 150 gr of flour
- 100 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon mild olive oil
- 4 gr or a teaspoon of baking powder
1. Put the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and mix everything well. Then, you make a hole in the center and add the water and the tablespoon of oil. You stir everything until you get a dough that sticks a bit in your hands.
2. Place the dough on the work space that will be previously floured to favor kneading and knead. This time is ideal for the little ones if they are helping you.
In about 2 minutes you will have a more elastic dough that no longer sticks to your hands. You have to make a ball and let it rest for 10 minutes covered with a kitchen towel or paper film transparent.
3. After 10 minutes you uncover it and you can start to stretch the dough with a rolling pin and if you want, you and your helpers can finish shaping it with your hands (although the pan itself will also help us with the shape and the size). Make sure that the dough is not too thin – which can break – but, above all, not too thick, so that it cooks well.
4. It is the turn of the pan. Choose a non-stick for your pizza, add a dash of oil (just enough so that when you spread it over the pan and so that the entire surface and some of the edges are impregnated). Place the dough and finish shaping until it fits snugly into the bottom of the pan.
For tastes … the ingredients
At this time the imagination to power and the taste of pizza. It is the turn of the ingredients and therefore you send. The most common is to cover the dough with a tomato sauce and grated mozzarella cheese. Afterwards, anything goes: olives, tuna, bacon strips, york ham strips, sausages, chorizo, pepperoni, oregano … surely the minichefs have many suggestions.
Some ingredients that can be cut into strips, diced, lined, crumbled, sprinkled … decoration is up to you too.
5. Once the ingredients have been chosen and placed in our dough we heat everything over medium heat. In this step it is essential cover the pan to trap the heat and let the top of the pizza cook. If you don’t have a suitable lid for the pan, you can use aluminum foil. In just 5 minutes, yes 5, less than any pizza that we put in the oven, you will have your (your) fabulous homemade pizza in a pan.
6. Lastly, don’t run or you will burn yourself. Take the pizza out of the pan and let it rest a little and … let the movie begin that dinner is served!
By the way, easy and cheap (if you have not been exquisite with the ingredients).
In case we had not explained it to you well, or you prefer to see it, we share with you the recipe of easy cooking with Parmelia of which we are very fans!