How do I know if my pet has been poisoned?

From time to time, we discover that there have been dogs that have been poisoned. Either intentionally or by chance By eating or drinking something that they should not, after a few hours or a couple of days is when the signs of that toxic ingestion begin. In that case, it is best go to the vet as soon as possible so that it determines the cause of said discomfort and can put the appropriate treatment to save the life of your pet.

Ingestion of medications, rodenticides, pesticides, spoiled food, food scraps with pins or poison baits can make death inevitable in a matter of hours.

How do I know if my pet has been poisoned?

Symptoms after poisoning

.Vomiting, fever, wheezing, disorientation, diarrhea, tremors, seizures, difficulty breathing or standing … These are some of the alarming signs that warn us of something serious. Therefore, if you observe that your pet has the dilated pupils and coordination or mobility problems, the most likely thing is that he has eaten or drunk some kind of poison. But if it is a piece of food with something dangerous stuck in it, the dog will have severe abdominal pain.

If this happens within a few hours of the poisoning, the vet will suspect that there is still debris in his stomach, so it is best causing the dog to vomit or attempting a gastric lavage. You may even do an analysis with those substances to know for sure the reason for this discomfort and get the most opportune treatment right.

If instead of eating something the animal has been in contact with this dangerous product, it is best to wash the mucous membranes and eyes with plenty of water and take him to a place where the air flows so that he can breathe. Another solution is to brush your hair thoroughly with soap and water, if that toxin has been impregnated in the hair.

What can kill a dog?

It is difficult to know what has caused your dog’s poisoning, so it is important to be cautious and never lose sight of him, in case he tries to sniff or try any of these products that will be dramatic for his health: paracetamol, mouthwash, antifreeze, mothballs or even some plants that may seem harmless to the naked eye.

Deja un comentario