You have decided to have a pet to keep you company and a cat is a good option. However, choosing the ideal partner requires taking into account a number of considerations based on your race or the needs and care you need and if we can offer it to you.
Cat breeds and their characteristics
And it is that each cat is a world and it never hurts to know in advance our future «roommate».
- Ragdoll: the name of this breed of cat already gives a clue to its calm character since it is not unusual for him to fall asleep, like a «rag doll», in the arms of anyone who pampers him. A way of being meek and personable that makes her get along very well with children and the elderly. However, keep in mind that her hair needs daily attention.
- European common: a strong and robust breed that we see in many homes. They have an independent character; but this does not mean that he is not affectionate when he requires it of his master. Among its benefits: it is a intelligent, sociable animal, very clean and its hair does not require too much care.
- Maine coon: a very large cat that gets along very well with other pets. He does not usually have any problem when it comes to socializing, but it is a very dynamic cat that needs constant activity and play.
- Persian: a breed of unquestionable beauty. In favor, his calm and cuddly character; However, this type of cat needs more careful brushing and is prone to health conditions.
- Siamese: It is a very friendly, funny and affectionate cat with a long life expectancy of about 15 years on average; however, it is hyperactive, something very common in cats of Asian origin.
- Burmese: it is a cat that shows the affection it feels for the people with whom it lives and it will always be very quiet at home.
- Sphinx cat: a really unique cat as it barely has hair, which gives it a peculiar appearance. Despite its appearance, it is very sweet and delicate but, nevertheless, it requires frequent care in terms of its hygiene: baths every 3 weeks to take care of its curious fur, eye and ear wash every day; as well as a specific diet and the need to live in warm places.
Other considerations you should take into account
Apart from knowing the peculiarities of each cat, it will never hurt to inform you of certain considerations: for an older person, the best will be a adult cat that are usually more homey and calm. Also, if you choose a female, keep in mind that at some point it will be necessary sterilize it and that males sometimes «mark the territory.» Do not forget, also, that some cats are more delicate when it comes to health, therefore, they will require more veterinary expenses.