Does the liquid caramel harden within a few minutes? Is the snow point of the clearings an enigma for you? Does the cake crumble when cut? These are common situations that can make you feel discouraged when it comes to prepare a delicious dessert or a cake for snack, but that many times occur by falling into simple, easy-to-fix mistakes.
Where to start?
Baking is a nice hobby that can give you many satisfactions. Have something sweet, always with moderationIt is a pleasure and learning how to make your own cakes, knowing that you are going to use natural and healthy ingredients such as milk, eggs or flour, is a good idea. It is an entertaining and fun activity that, in addition, you can share with whoever you wantespecially with your grandchildren.
However, pastry is not easy, so if you dare, start preparing the simplest recipes, such as cookies or a sponge cake. When you see that they come out well, you will be encouraged to move forward to get more elaborate desserts. In this sense, remember these three tips for beginners when getting started in the world of baking:
- You buy some basic utensils In which it is always advisable to invest, such as molds, spatulas, whisk rods or a pastry bag.
- Make each recipe with total accuracy when measuring and adding the different ingredients.
- Respect cooking temperatures and times.
Thus, whether you already have tables in this to surprise with delicious desserts, or if you take your first steps in the pastry shop, these five tricks, which you will need on more than one occasion, will be most practical.
There are a thousand recipes to make them and there are many possible finishes: with a citrus aroma, with nuts, chocolate or filled with creams or jams. In any case, the essential thing is that the cake itself is soft and fluffy and to achieve this the secret is the following.
- Uses specific pastry flour Y sift it so that it is not caked when mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once inside the mold with your dough, do not open the oven to see how it goes. It is a typical beginner’s mistake that will spoil the result, since it alters the internal temperature causing the cake not to rise evenly.
- Only when you think it is ready, poke it with a metal rod and check that it comes out totally clean. At that point, stop cooking and let it cool completely.
- To cut it up and make perfect portions, cpre-encourage knife that you are going to use. How? Putting it under the tap with hot water for a few minutes and drying it well.
You will need them on multiple occasions, for example as a base to make a rich and smooth meringue, which you can incorporate into numerous recipes. To achieve the famous snow point, the steps to follow are:
- Use a clean container and totally dry.
- Separate the whites without letting an iota of yolk (you can use pasteurized whites) and add a pinch of salt.
- Both with the mixer and with the rod, start beating in a smooth rhythm and only when you see the first bubbles, print more speed.
- When the whites are firm (they should not slip in the container), don’t keep beating, they are ready for use. If you continue, the texture will not be adequate.
It is another of the star ingredients of many desserts, among them, the simple puddings. Making the candy has no difficulty, but it does have more than one little trick.
- Place about 100 grams of sugar in a saucepan and add 3 or 4 tablespoons of warm water with a few lemon drops.
- Stir and let the sugar dissolve at very slow fire for about 10 minutes.
- When it acquires the characteristic golden color, add another 3-4 tablespoons of Hot water and move the container to mix it.
- Don’t overdo the time because the caramel can be over-toasted and turn out bitter. If it is too thick, add a little more water. Extreme caution to avoid burns.
Extra shiny chocolate coating
Essential to achieve a perfect finish on endless cakes. To make it look good on you and make your cakes irresistible, try making the topping as follows.
- Place the basic ingredients in a saucepan: cream, about 80 grams for a standard size cake, 40 grams of melting chocolate, 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter. The trick is to also add a sheet of neutral gelatin and half a glass of water.
- Let the chocolate melt over low heat. When it’s creamy, stop cooking and pour it over the cake while it is still warm (not hot). Do it slowly, distributing the mixture evenly and using the spatula only to fix the coating on the sides.
You can fill your cakes or biscuits with whatever you want, such as jams, pastry cream, chocolate, meringue or spread cheese. But to do it you will have to make the necessary cuts to create different layers, something that seems very simple, but also has its trick.
To get them to be perfect, make the cuts always with the cold cake. The ideal is to do them with a special hacksaw For these purposes, but if you do not have it, with a thread and some skill you will achieve an impeccable cut. Simply surround with a strong thread the cake and pull both ends through the cake. With a knife it is more difficult to obtain uniform and totally clean sections, without crumbs. Once the floors you want are separated, proceed to the filling and overlap them. You already have a creative layered cake.