To clean the stains of an armchair, to preserve the drain, for a humidity problem … there are countless occasions in which this product gets us out of trouble. It is about bicarbonate, one of the home remedies par excellence.
If you have not yet dared to try it, we will tell you Its main advantages: it is ecological, being a natural product it does not harm the environment and once used it is biodegradable; It’s economic; it is odorless, it is an alkaline salt that dissolves easily in water; it is effective because if it passes from generation to generation for something it will be and fundamentally it is multipurpose.
And if you don’t believe it, take a look at some of the things it is used for:
- On oil and grease stains. Sprinkle baking soda over the spot and scrub with a wet brush.
- Disinfectant and bleach: a bathtub, tiles, or the kitchen … In a damp sponge sprinkle baking soda and rub as you regularly do. Then let it sit for 5 minutes, rinse well and pat dry.
- Floor scrubbers: Remove dirt without streaking with half a cup of baking soda dissolved in a bucket of warm water.
- No stains or odors on clothes, stuffed animals or carpets: For clothes, add half a cup of baking soda to liquid soap; for the stuffed animals, sprinkle them with baking soda and let it rest for 15 minutes, remove the baking soda with a brush and you’re done; and for carpets, sprinkle the entire surface and let it sit overnight, then sweep as much as possible and vacuum the rest.
- Eliminate bad odors in shoes. Sprinkle a tablespoon or two on your shoes while you’re not wearing them, and stir the baking soda when you’re wearing them.
- For the plate: eliminates the residues caused by the use and it is very possible that they stain the clothes. Prepare a paste with bicarbonate and water, spread it on the iron for a few minutes and you will see how the dirt comes off without any problem.
For the plants:
- Fungicide. Mix water with four tablespoons of baking soda. Apply it to rose bushes to combat black fungal spots, or to trees or fruit plants when they begin to appear.
- Strengthen your plants. Try the leaves first because some plants don’t do very well. Make a mixture with a little bicarbonate of vinegar. In 24 hours, check the plant, if it goes well, you can continue with the process.
- Against parasites. Add a tablespoon to 1 liter of water and spray or sprinkle a little on the surface of the substrate.
- To remove wild grass. Put a thick layer of baking soda on the grass you want to remove and in about 2-3 days the grass should begin to die.
- Keep the pests away. Sprinkle some baking soda on the soil in your garden – ants, rabbits, or cockroaches will avoid getting close.
These are just some of its uses, but we promise you there are countless of them. For example, look at these that they tell us from Order and Cleaning at Home:
In addition, this mineral has many more uses and There are remedies with bicarbonate that are ideal for cosmetics and health. Yes indeed, Whenever you go to clean, wear gloves and, as far as possible, ventilate the area well since sometimes the reaction of bicarbonate with vinegar can produce bad odors.